What should I expect on the day of the Eighth Grade Entrance Exam?
Those who have pre-registered will be taken by the Student Ambassadors to the examination rooms. Phone registrations and walk-ins will check in at the front desk.
The exam lasts approximately three hours. At the end of the standardized exam, students will be given an essay question, with a thirty-minute time limit.
Before leaving the exam room, each student will be given a folder. The folder contains the following information:
- Important Information and Dates to Remember (deadlines, acceptance letter mailing date; scholarship delivery day; registration night)
- Admission Information Form: application and $35 fee
- Three Recommendation Forms: to be given to current math and English teachers, as well as one other teacher
- Mathematics Teacher Recommendation Checklist: to aid in the placement of math
- Record Release Form: to be given to your current school. Transcripts, standardized test scores and attendance records are to be sent directly to Duchesne Academy.
- The Sacred Heart Goals & Criteria booklet
When the testing is completed, the 8th graders will have lunch together along with some current Duchesne students, giving them the opportunity to meet, visit with and ask questions of current Duchesne students.