What should I expect on the day of the Eighth Grade Entrance Exam?
Those who have pre-registered will be taken by the Student Ambassadors to one of the examination rooms. Phone registrations and walk-ins will check in at the front desk.
The exam lasts approximately three hours. At the end of the standardized exam, students will be given an essay question, with a thirty minute time limit.
Before leaving the exam room, each student will be given a packet. The packet contains the following information:
- Important Information and Dates to Remember (deadlines, acceptance letter mailing date; scholarship delivery day; registration night)
- Admission Information Form: application and $35 fee
- Three Recommendation Forms: to be given to current math, science and English teachers
- Mathematics Teacher Recommendation Checklist: to aid in the placement of math
- Record Release Form: to be given to your current school. Transcripts, standardized test scores and attendance records are to be sent directly to Duchesne Academy.
When the testing is completed, 8th graders are invited to a lunch, giving them the opportunity to meet, visit with and ask questions of current Duchesne students.