Duchesne Academy believes students gain knowledge and critical thinking skills through the use of technology. Students must be prepared for technological advancements in life. A computer skills curriculum prepares students in the use of computers to access and apply data necessary to solve problems in a technology-based society. Accordingly, Duchesne Academy provides state-of-the-art computer technology and seeks to use technology as a vehicle to drive both teaching and learning.
The technology mission of Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart is to nurture responsible and ethical technology practices and to promote the seamless integration of technology in all areas of the curriculum. By providing relevant technology and resources to all members of the Duchesne community, the core values should encompass:
- Encouraging critical thinking and development of 21st century technology skills
- Fostering global communication and collaboration through the Sacred Heart Network
- Developing a love of learning using a variety of technologies
- Promoting responsible digital citizenship through modeling of best practices
- Encouraging young women to consider careers in technology fields (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) where they are under-represented, and to develop the skills that will keep them competitive in an increasingly technology-oriented work force.
- Living Goal 5: Personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
Learn more about Duchesne’s technology program and get answers to your questions on our iPad Program page.