Charlotte’s Web Auditions
Thursday, August 31, 2017 | Maggie
Auditions for Duchesne’s fall production “Charlotte’s Web” will take place on Monday Sept. 11 and Tuesday Sept. 12 at 3:30 in the Duchesne Auditorium. Males from area schools are welcome to audition. Students who are interested in working on the backstage aspects of the production may apply for positions at these times as well.
The staged version of this beautiful children’s classic will be performed for our area elementary schools. There will be matinee and evening performances (times yet to be determined) from Oct.26 to Oct. 28 and possibly the 29th.
Here are some commonly asked questions and answers:
1. When do rehearsals start? In general, rehearsals will run each week night after school, starting Mon. Sept. 18. A more concise schedule will be available for you at the auditions.
2. Do I have to memorize an audition piece? No, but you may if you would like to do so. All of those auditioning will be asked to read from sections of the script. These are fun, broad, characters (Don’t hold back).
3. How long will auditions last? Mr. Becker will hold auditions for as long as it takes for everyone to read at least once. If you need to leave at a specific time so you can get a ride home, let the stage manager know and we will let you read right away.
4. Do I have to come and read both nights? Not unless we ask you to.
5. When will I know if I am cast? Mr. Becker will post the cast and crew list on Thursday Sept. 14 at the end of the school day.
6. I have other obligations but I want to be involved. Is this possible? Yes, but probably not as an actor, stage manager or stagehand. There are however, many opportunities to work in the technical areas of the production that don’t involve being there for every rehearsal and performance. We will ask you to fill out a pretty concise schedule of your conflicts and then we will find an area that will most conveniently fit into your schedule.